Monday, September 23, 2013

The Future Diary episode 4

I am now on the fourth episode of this series and already it is tugging at my heart making me love it episode after episode. ***SPOILERS***
Summary: Yuki is unable to tell anyone about the corpses he saw in Yuno's house, fearing she will find out through her diary. The next day, Keigo, Yuki and Yuno visit the Sacred Eye cult, where Uryu is being held prisoner. The cult's leader, Tsubaki Kasugano, is the holder of the Clairvoyance Diary, a scroll which tells the future as seen by her followers and has foretold her death by the end of the day. Since Yuki has already evaded death twice, Tsubaki asks that he stay with her for the night in exchange for handing over Uryu, which he accepts, much to Yuno's resentment. At night, Tsubaki's followers fall under the mind control of Yomotsu Hirasaka, the diary holder who captured Uryu, and close in on Yuki, Yuno and Tsubaki. Yuno starts hacking at the followers with an axe and poses an ultimatum to Yuki: join her or die.
REVIEW: This episode of "The Future Diary" has for me completely brought me back to my first time watching  the dark themed anime "Deadman Wonderland" in the sense of its graphic scenes and twisted character personalities. Yuno has officially put a stamp on her forehead to let us know that she is CRAZY! Up until episode two I had thought to myself "hey, this cute anime schoolgirl just has a really BIG crush on this boy she could not possibly be insane" then while watching this episode I have learned that she truly is corrupted by her intense focus on Yuki. Now, for those that are squimish I urge you to prepare yourselves for quite the "gorey" skirmishes within this episode that make you wonder "why am I still watching this madness?!", but all is well because this episode is helping some characters personalities to bloom into something amazing that will make this anime even more of a sight to behold further in the story. For this episode I did enjoy how they introduced yet another diary holder plus the added bonus of expanding from the previously introduced characters in the show, also the increased sense of danger for the main character Yuki and his companions in my opinion helps to strengthen the plot of this dark anime. Im still waiting for there to be that really dramatic scene that makes the little otaku in all of us really want to come back for more of the action/drama. Overall this episode was fun to watch (while in the dark especially ^^).
My Rating: 5 out of 5
*** Look out for the next review later in the afternoon!***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts