Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Future Diary episode 6 Review

Like promised I have now delivered to you a review episode 6 of The Future Diary anime! Now I am unfortunately going to have to keep this review short until the next one.
Summary: Knowing from her diary that Yuki's mother is coming home from abroad, Yuno breaks into his house with the intention of introducing herself to his mother. Despite Yuki's efforts, his mother and Yuno meet and take a liking to each other. That night, Yuno reveals to Yuki that her diary predicts they will "become one" on July 28th, and tells him she will do anything to make sure that future comes to pass. The next day, Yuki's mother brings home Reisuke Houjou, a young boy whose parents were killed at the Sacred Eye incident. Despite his young age and precocious demeanor, Reisuke is a Future Diary owner, plotting Yuno's death.
Review: I'm going to just jump right into this review and start off by saying that this was a pretty boring episode. Not much can be said for this episode besides the fact that Yuki's mother has finally been introduced to us viewers, and I think that she looks a little young to have a child in high school. The new diary holder is young and mysterious to me at this point, so I guess that I will just have to wait until more is shown of his personality. I didn't like how this episode wasn't as dark as the other episodes have been save that one close encounter Yuno had with Reisuke the newly introduced diary holder, but they did add some more comedic moments like when Yuno found Yuki's secret nude mag stash, and when Yuki locked his mother out of his room. So in the end I guess this episode was meant to lighten the mood a little after all the previous events that occurred with the cult and Yuno's little secret that is hidden away in her closet, and it was boring but still an ok episode to watch because of the added comedy.
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts