Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Future Diary episode 5 review

Hey everyone! I;m here with another Future Diary review! I know that I have been short with my posts, and I apologize but im still working on getting better with my post consistency :) Anyway hope you enjoy this review and check back frequently for the next! Also, I would appreciate comments on the reviews to hear what you all think and if you are looking for me to review any other good anime!
Summary: Yomotsu appears before the fleeing Yuki, Yuno and Tsubaki with four hypnotised cult members dressed like him. Yomotsu explains that his Righteous Diary led him to infiltrate the Sacred Eye cult and that he intends to blow himself and Tsubaki up. Having learned from Keigo that Yomotsu is blind, Yuno manages to tell him apart from the others and kill him. Tsubaki then captures Yuki and Yuno, revealing her plan was to kill them, Keigo and Yomotsu all along. Yuno manages to kill her captors, cut off Tsubaki's hand and hand Yuki her diary before collapsing from exhaustion. Using both diaries, Yuki manages to avoid detection, until Tsubaki tries to lure him out by announcing that her followers will rape and kill Yuno. Realising Yuno's devotion to him, Yuki gathers his courage and manages to reach her in time, but Tsubaki gloats that as long as he's in sight of her followers, her diary will predict his every action. Yuki throws a small ball he found earlier up in the air, causing all of Tsubaki's followers to look at it and rendering her diary useless. Yuki then throws a dart at Tsubaki's diary, and since she is missing a hand, she is unable to deflect the shot. With her diary pierced, Tsubaki vanishes and Yuki and Yuno escape. Meanwhile, Uryu is released by Yomotsu only to get captured by Keigo, who eventually lets her go in return for her contact information.
Review: For this episode Yuki, Yuno, and Keigo are still at the base for the mysterious cult, and both Yuki, and Yuno are making their way to the gate with Tsubaki the holder of " the Clairvoyance Diary" when the diary holder Yomatsu who captured Uryu (4th) arrives with some copy cats to confuse the fleeing diary holders. I enjoyed the complexity for this episode in that I was completely unsure as to which of the diary holders was controlling the cult followers, and making them attack one another, also I was enticed by Yomotsu's personality and how it was similar to that of kamen rider characters. Some may be shocked when one of the characters turns out not to be what they expected like I was, but Yuki does a great job handling the situation and gathering more experience with this death game the further along he ventures. I thought for sure that this episode would include Keigo (4th) more than it actually did because of the fact that it was a police case, but I guess that for this far into the show the want to focus on the growth of Yuki. While Yuki's growth is important I do still want to see more of a expansion on the back stories of the supporting characters similar to how they did with Tsubaki. I would also like to comment on the characters voice actors and how I think they really express the personality of the characters and it helps to keep the show full of emotion that can be translated across to the audience watching the show!
My Rating: 5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts